Richmond, VA: COTA Veterinary, a new veterinary hospital in Short Pump, is seeking a compassionate and motivated Client Service Representative to join our team. We focus on creating the best possible Human-Animal bond by providing high-quality veterinary care with empathy, respect, and compassion for our patients and clients. We strongly believe in clear and transparent communication with our clients and team members and prioritize open collaboration to ensure the best possible care for our patients. At COTA Veterinary, we value our team members and encourage professional growth. As a Client Service Representative, you will play an essential role in supporting our veterinarians and caring for our patients. Join us in achieving our mission of providing exceptional veterinary care and strengthening the bond between humans and animals!
The Client Service Representative is the first point of contact for clients seeking veterinary services. They are responsible for greeting clients, scheduling appointments, answering phones, and providing exceptional customer service. They also perform various administrative tasks to support the hospital’s operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Greet clients and pets as they arrive at the hospital and create a positive, welcoming first impression
- Provide exceptional customer service by addressing client needs and concerns
- Answer phones, texts, and emails and respond to client inquiries
- Schedule appointments and maintain accurate records of client information
- Assist veterinarians and the hospital team with each hospital function to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow.
- Collect payments for services rendered and maintain financial records, including daily reconciliations.
- Assist veterinarians, practice manager, and hospital team with administrative tasks.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and order as needed
- Ensure the reception area is clean, organized, and well stocked
- Ensure cleanliness of the hospital, including but not limited to housekeeping such as laundry, dishes, bathroom and break room care, trash collection and removal, debris removal, and sweeping of front and back entries as outlined by hospital protocols
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
Salary and Benefits:
- The salary range varies depending on experience and qualifications.
- Benefits include a health reimbursement program, retirement plan, paid time off, employee discounts on veterinary services, uniform allowance, and others.
- Predictable daytime hours with weekends off
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a client service role required
- Previous experience working in a veterinary clinic or animal hospital is preferred but not required
- Ability to be confident around pets (i.e., dogs, cats) and strive to practice stress-free handling
- Consistently ensures the team provides the client with attentive, courteous, and informative service. Gains and shows personal satisfaction from delivering great service.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment. Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others.
- Ability to multitask and handle stressful situations calmly and efficiently, accurately shifts attention among multiple tasks under distracting conditions without loss of accuracy or appearance of frustration.
- Demonstrates a systematic approach in carrying out assignments. Is very orderly and excels at cutting through confusion and turning chaos into order.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to identify, analyze and solve problems. Unusually decisive in handling complex problems. Translates problems into practical solutions.
- Shows willingness and aptitude to use discretion in taking appropriate steps in finding solutions to problems; presents options and ideas to enhance current processes or procedures. Takes on additional responsibility when big and small tasks need to be done.
- Accurately and consistently follows instructions delivered in an oral, written, or diagram format.
- Can provide directions over the phone
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, and to compute rate, ratio, and percent
- Reads writes, and speaks fluent English, using appropriate grammar, style, and vocabulary. Correctly spells commonly used English words and job-specific terms. Demonstrates exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic computer skills and the ability to learn veterinary software
- Ability to stand or sit for long periods of time
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm-hand-finger dexterity with the ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard and operate the equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The associate is routinely exposed to various pets that may bite or scratch and, on occasion, exposed to anesthesia, radiation, biological hazards, and medication/controlled substances.
- Ability to work around noise as the noise level in the work environment is moderately high.
- Requires sufficient ambulatory skills in order to perform duties while at the hospital.
- Must be at least 18 years old to perform duties involving radiography (x-ray) and exposure to radioactive substances.
At COTA Veterinary, we believe in providing the best possible care for our patients and clients and helping our team members reach their professional goals. If you're passionate about animal care and want to be a part of a supportive and dedicated team, please apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!